Friday, July 3, 2015


During my childhood days when I was young, I never thought that one day I will encounter something that will change my whole life. It startled my eyes, I was really amazed my heart skip beat. I saw a flying object like an eagle soaring in the sky with a strange sound from a far. I felt something that someday in my life will fly all over to the world and see the world from above. That day it took a lot of time for me to decide what will I do in my future. A lot of things happen back then that dream changed as the time passed by, during my elementary days I have encountered things that my childish mind will change. At that time I think of being a super hero like in some movies, anime and cartoons, one of my favorite was Son Goku of the anime series Dragon Ball. Goku is very strong he defeated a lots of bad guys in the series, I was also acting that I could use his powers, but I realize that it was imposible to become a superhero like in the anime. Growing old and becoming mature realizes me back of my first astonishing expirience, the object I saw is an airplane a kind of vehicle travels on air by flying and used to travel very far places that hard to get by land. By that time my dream may not come true beacause of the obstacles along the way, but still I was hoping it will come true. Now it getting closer now.

During my college life I was dreaming of becoming a professional computer programmer. I decided my fate by choosing one of the prestigous university in Davao City, it was UseP or shall we say University of Southeastern Philippines at that time it was ranked top 5 in the whole Philippines. I took the UseP admission test, fortunately I passed the University admission test for a Bachelor course. Then took the interview in the Institute of Computing. The personel who interviewed me was Ma’am Ella I forgot her full name but still I remember her. Then I enrolled in their summer English class called English Bridge Program or EBP. It was for those who did not get the score of 8 above in English part of the admission test. The English bridge program lasts 10 days during summer in 2012, a 10 hours a day class full of fun memories to prepare students for their college life. After the english bridge program the day of enrollment came I enrolled in the Institute of Computing with the degree of Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, that day at that moment my college life is about to begin.

Time passed by during my college life a lot of things happened but still I was able to survive up to now. Many bad things happen I was about to surrender but I kept on moving forward to it. Many failures and misfortune encouters. Difficult subjects, failing marks, low quiz scores, no project, low examination scores ,no time management, bad habits, very strict instructors, lots of misfortunes and bad influences, these are those common bad thing that happends in my college life. But there still a lot of good things happened, I never expect to reach this far in my entire life, I became now a third year in Institute of computing a few more subjects to go then my college life will be done. Now the time has come my dreams are now to be unfold and bacame near to achieve yet too far, but it is fast aproaching.

There was a subject or course that is a part of my current curiculum called Field Trip and Seminar, one of the most awaited course in the Institute of Computing. Both Computer Science and Information Technology Students that have reached the requirement of enrolling the subjecr Field Trip and Seminar are involved in this course. They must enroll this course to be able to complete their program requirement for their degree to graduate and receive their diploma. I was enrolled in this course, I never thought that this course may be the way of reaching my dreams in life. The Field Trip and Seminar course have 3 Field Trip Model. The first one is called Model A consist of 1 National Trip, 1 National Seminar or Convention and 1 Local Field Trip, I forgot the details of the second one but it is called Model B consist of 1 National and 2 Local Trip I think and lastly the third one is Model C consist only of Local Trips and Local Seminars. The class will decide which one of the models will be chosen. The class have discussed the difference between each models and their advantages and disadvantages. Many has agreed on the first one I also agreed too, that time when they said we were going to Metro Manila by Plane I was really happy that my dream is now in reach yet still too far, because of some problems like finacial and administrative issues due to the past problems of others schools Field Trip and Seminar. Due to willingness of the class of getting to the Model A’s activities the Field Trip and Seminar course is still moving to get the whole class into Model A. Thus everything has not yet done but somehow theres only a reason for myself choosing the Model A for our class Field Trip and Seminar.

The reason behind my choice is my childhood dream, a dream that have been sleeping in my heart and not stoping for beliving that this might come true anytime. I never thought that I will be going to ride an airplane and fly away and off to somewhere, up to now at this age of 19 I never step up on an airplane. Now it is really near but as always yet too far. The dream in my childhood days brings me here now to the stage of being a good student , kind person, a loving son and a good servant of God and beliving having hard work will pay as much how you work for. I am Gene Sescon ending which Model I will choose in FTS course.

No comments:

Post a Comment